Monday, August 25, 2008

Bedtime Chat

The death of a little boy at our church has brought about many questions from our chatty clan. Tonight we were talking to them about God, heaven, the devil, and hell. They wanted to know about the devil and why he was kicked out of heaven and Emily asked if he "got his wings chopped off." HMMM! This always reminds me of 1 Peter 3:15, "But in your hearts set apart Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have." After many more questions, I tried to explain to them that's why it's so important for us to tell people about Jesus, just like the missionary Paul. Emily said with a very serious face, "Maybe tomorrow we can be "Michigans" and tell people about Jesus. (It's hard to keep a straight face sometimes) She also said, "I can use my picture Bible to tell people about Jesus." Grace also had some input and said, "Mom, I think I'm going to be a missionary some day. (OK God, if you really say so--words of a mom's heart) 5 year olds can be missionaries. Right mom?" I'm thankful for their interest in the most important things and I just pray I'm able to continue to give them answers when possible.

1 comment:

LBB said...

Sounds like a sweet moment..."Michigans"!!!...I love it! :)