Thursday, April 29, 2010

Happy Birthday Elise!


Happy Birthday sweet Elise. It's so hard to believe that it's already been a year since you graced our lives. We feel so blessed to have you...our 4th girl. More than ever, this time I have tried to savor the smell of you, the sweet sounds you make, the way you snuggle your head into my neck, and all of your preciousness. I want you to know how absolutely thrilled we were to find out at your birth that we had another girl. What a gift!

You have changed so much in this first year. Some of the things you are up to are:
*You are crawling like crazy and walking along furniture (You pulled up at around 9 months and I thought for sure you would be my earliest walker, but you have your own timeline and that's just fine by me.)
*You love to play the "Uh-Oh Game". (Today as I was enjoying some alone time with you at Target, you were lobbing everything out of the stroller. Too cute, but also a little difficult to get as much shopping done.)
*You have a good set of lungs and aren't afraid to let me know when one of your sisters are really bugging/loving you.
*You have 4 darling teeth, which just gives you the cutest smile.
*You have a beauty queen wave, you know, the side to side motion, but not quite as dainty.
*You are definitely a mommy's girl. (Sorry daddy, but I think you already knew that.)
*You only take one nap a day and that is only for a little over 2 hours.
*You love music and have recently learned how to bop while holding on to something.
*You say mama, dada, and uh-oh.
*Generally speaking, you seem to have a somewhat quiet personality. You look like you're taking it all in.
*You are definitely curious. You love to open cupboards and get into things, which helps keep me on my toes.
*Additionally, you love to unroll toilet paper and on occasion, chew on a wad.
*You're a pretty picky eater. You still just primarily want your mommy (7 times a day..I know, I know).
*You love your time in the tub and usually have quite a lot to say about it when it's time to get out.
*You hate having your diaper changed, because you detest being tied down.

We love you and can't wait to see all that the Lord has planned for your life.

Jeremiah 29:11-14
"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all of your heart. I will be found by you," declares the Lord...

While I know the Lord has great plans for you, I pray that you will seek Him with all of your heart. It's more than just the great things He has for you, but that you desire Him. May this be one of your life verses sweet girl. I love you more than you'll ever know!

Mommy

2 comments:

Heidi said...

so sweet... ♥

StephanieJ said...

Oh...I love it! How time flies...
Get on facebook already!!! :) Then I can see what you're up to on a more regular basis!!!