Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Coffee Talk

Today I went to this cute little coffee house with Lydia and Elise. I thought I would get Lydia a cookie, but instead she opted for a piece of apple/peach pie. I also thought I would get her a cup of coffee, but she decided she didn't care for any today. I know...she's only 3, but her grandmas have her addicted already. This is funny, because she's pretty much the only member of our family to drink coffee. However, today I decided to get a decaf latte and of course, she couldn't resist. So...we were sitting there having our refreshments with several "older" people around us chatting up a storm and this was just a small glimpse of our conversation.
Lydia-"Mommy, let's talk."
Me-"OK. What do you want to talk about?"
Lydia-"Jesus."
I think she was looking around at all the other tables and thought that we should be having some real conversation. How fun to sit and have some special "chatty" time with my delightful Lydia!