Thursday, October 1, 2009

Grace's Terrible, Awful, Almost No Good Day!

Grace's tooth had been loose for what seemed like an eternity, at least to me. When she first discovered it, she was instantly excited, but that excitement quickly turned to despair. You see, she's the kind of girl who doesn't do well with change. To give you an example, we had a hail storm come through our neighborhood this summer and she was nearly brought to tears at the idea of us getting a new roof. How one becomes so attached to a roof, I'm not sure. Another characteristic of sweet Grace is, well, how can I put this...vanity. She's very concerned about looking funny and the idea of a gap in her smile was horrific. I'm not sure where she got this from. She clearly hasn't taken a good look at her mother lately.

However, today she finally lost it (with the assistance of Dad-don't mention this to her)! I think you might get an idea of how she feels about it from this clip.

Blood and tears were shed and she mentioned she didn't want the Tooth Fairy to take her tooth, so she hid it in our room. When she woke up the next morning she checked under her pillow and found no money and then ran to see if her tooth was still where she left it. When it was, she declared, "There's no Tooth Fairy!" However, when she took a closer look, (while she was scurrying around I finally got the note and money there in the nick of time) she found she had indeed been visited by Miss Tooth Fairy. Her mourning was quickly turned into gladness. She found a silver dollar and a note that read:

Dear Grace,

I heard you wanted to keep your tooth, so I made an exception. Keep brushing.

Love, T.F.

She was sooooo excited and said, "I can't believe she's real. You wouldn't have wanted to come into my room in the middle of the night to do this." It was so much fun to watch her and then Emily got in on the excitement, too!

I think she looks so cute with her gap in her teeth, but it's also just a little bit sad to know she's growing up (too fast I might add).

No comments: