Thursday, January 21, 2010

Another Day In Paradise...The Final Countdown

Elise woke up today before 7am Florida time and was up for the day. Grace and Emily followed shortly thereafter. Since we were all up so early, I thought I should take the opportunity for some shelling. Does anyone have the number for SA (Sheller's Annonymous)? I offered to take people to the beach, but I only had one taker...Grace the shelling fiend A.K.A. one more shell Erickson. She was so excited to go with just me (can you see my head swelling from your computer screen?). She kept calling it our "private time". This makes me think about making time for this more often. It was so much fun! We just walked and talked (I actually mostly listened), looked for shells, and held hands. On our way back to the condo, we decided to skip our hearts out. There's something about skipping that makes you feel about 6 years old again...I highly recommend a good skip once in a while.

Later in the morning, we all went out for some more shelling. These are a couple shots of the big girls frolicking in the waves.
After some more pool time, we ventured over to the trailer park for some bird time. They had several macaws, parrots, morning doves, love birds (not just Doug and I ;) ), and other creatures. This was a picture of one of the residents named Fred.

Some of the birds talked. One of them named Lola kept saying, "Hello", "I'm across the road", and "Slow down" when cars would drive by. Another bird would say, "I don't wanna. I'm a grown up." It was really funny. I was waiting for one of the other birds to belt out, "Shut up" to the ones that wouldn't quit talking.

Elise tags along on all of our excursions, since she really has no choice. This is a sweet shot of her with her daddy while visiting the birds.


This vacation has been just lovely. I'm so sad to see it winding down. How often do you get to just spend time enjoying those you love, without much work to be done? So, I will try to really soak in our last full day in Sanibel!

No comments: