Saturday, January 30, 2010

I'm Sorry, So Sorry!

**Let me begin this post with an apology to all of you at First Free who really enjoyed the candidate today, because my family may have single-handedly undone the whole kit and kaboodle. I would also like to apologize to Pastor King, because if my chatty clan has anything to do with it, he may never be able to retire from First Free.**

Our day started out with a lovely breakfast and meet and greet of our pastoral candidate and his wife. We've been searching for a new pastor for about 3 years and I think our whole church was excited at the prospect that they may be "the ones." After the breakfast ended, 3 gals had sticky hands and needed a potty break (thankfully, one little lady is still in diapers), so we headed to the ladies room. Right before we entered the bathroom, I mentioned that the lady in front of us (who was also going into the restroom) was the wife of the man who might be our new pastor. The following is the remainder of our dialogue:

Emily or Grace - What, he's going to be our new pastor?
Me - Wouldn't that be neat?
Emily - I don't want him!
Me(trying to think on the fly and not completely ruin our chances at a new pastor) - Oh honey, I know you really like Pastor King.
Emily or Grace - Will we never get to see him again?
Me - Oh, I'm sure we will.
Emily or Grace - Do you think he might come back to visit?
Me - He probably will.

So, there you have it. The damage has been done. I hope you'll be able to extend to us your forgiveness. Frankly, you're just lucky the kids weren't invited to the question and answer session. Who knows what might have been said if they had gotten the microphone! In all sincerity, it is really neat to think that our chatty clan feels such a connection to their pastor. It shows how really special he is to even the smallest attendees of our church.

1 comment:

Bren said...

My Gracie can not talk about it, at all. She thinks that Pastor King is older and should always be the Pastor until he dies. Maybe we should have the kids do something special at his farewell.