Monday, January 18, 2010

Great Odors and Great Fears

It was another beautiful day here in Sanibel and the shelling continued.
Along with the increasing number of shells comes and increasing stench. Each time we leave the condo and come back the odor overcomes us. This is just a small representation of what we have collected and it's only day 3 with 4 remaining. I totally saw this coming when we were back home and tried to persuade them to do otherwise. I told them that there would be so many shells in Sanibel and that we should try and collect only the most beautiful shells, but what I didn't realize was just how beautiful they would ALL be! ;) It's so much fun to watch them enjoying this daily activity.


Lydia is also enjoying herself here, but one thing we didn't expect was her great fear of the ocean (excuse me, Gulf). She also loves to indiscriminately collect shells while trying to avoid the water at all costs. Fortunately, she trusted me when I told her I would protect her and the shelling continued.

1 comment:

Dana said...

LBB told me you'd been blogging ... and I see she was right. You've been busy! Looks like you're having a great time! Your counters look like Mom's ~ lots of sea finds :)