Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Ding Darling

This is not about a song or an affectionate name for a loved one, but a national wildlife refuge we visited this afternoon. We went hoping to see alligators and birds, but we were only able to find the latter much to the disappointment of some little girls. Unfortunately, none of the alligators were in the mood to cooperate, but we did see one other creature of interest. Can you guess what's in the following picture?
Here are a couple more pictures of our group at Ding Darling.

Several times during our adventure I heard, "I'm bored. Can we go home now?" At one point I responded, "I remember being bored several times when I was a kid on vacation." I guess it's generational. Also, upon arriving at home Grace emphatically stated, "I don't EVER want to go to Ding Darling again." RIP Ding Darling.

3 comments:

LBB said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
LBB said...

Cute photos! Looks like a fun, relaxing time...despite the boredom! ;) Too bad the gators weren't out...I'm sure it would have been a little more exciting then. Is it a turtle in that photo? Neat photo! :)

Nikki said...

Too bad they didn't have fun! We always rode bike through Ding Darling...more fun that way. There is a hotel near there that has a little pond? with a bridge over it that always had an alligator in it...don't remember the name!