Friday, January 22, 2010

Shell Perspective

Today was our last full day in Sanibel. If you've been following our last several posts, you might be able to guess what we chose to do on our last day...shell and swim. I love shelling and these pictures will give some perspective on how much the kiddos do, too.

There are also some other things on perspective that shelling has taught me this week...God sees the big picture while we're bent over staring at our small piece of sandy shore and each shell is made uniquely just like my precious kiddos. Sometimes the daily grind of cooking, cleaning, butt wiping, and other motherly duties can make you lose perspective, but this week made me realize again how blessed I am to be the mom of this chatty clan, how quickly they do grow up, and how much more I love them all the time.

Finally, after an afternoon of Doug and the girls swimming in the rain, we went out for one last time on the beach as a family.


Tonight was some of the best shelling, because evidentaly the tide had brought in the most microscopic shells. I have developed a real interest in these teeny tiny ones. Finding rice shells or delicate wentel traps feels like winning some kind of grand prize and that made tonight feel like winning the jackpot. I could hardly pull myself away, but dinner with the Erickson parents was calling.

We enjoyed one more lovely evening with the grandparents. This trip has been so memorable and the precious time we've had with Doug's parents has made it even better. It was so much fun for the kids and us to enjoy this special place with them. Thanks for all of the fun memories and hopefully we'll get to do it again soon.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

That's so great, Anna! I could read about your shell adventures all day! :)

LBB said...

Sounds like you guys had a perfect and memorable vacation! So glad to hear that and to read a little about it! :)

P.S. Isn't shelling the best?