Wednesday, January 20, 2010

A Long Walk

As our daily adventure, today we decided to make our way to the lighthouse at the end of the island. The last time Doug and I were there was 7 years ago, and it was just the two of us then. We started out thinking we could make it round trip in about 1 1/2 hours, but we way underestimated the time it would take for us as a family of 6 now...more like 2 1/2 hours. It was fun to achieve this accomplishment, though. Another bonus for making it to the end was finding the ice cream shop we would enjoy after dinner (more on that later). Anything for ice cream! :)
After our long walk, it was time for a cool down in the pool, and I mean COOL. I even ventured into the water today and so did Elise. I think the girls are really getting to do almost everything they could desire.
Tonight after our dinner out at Schnapper's we enjoyed our homemade Italian ice cream at Pinocchio's. Doug and I each had Dirty Sand Dollar, Grandma and the girls had Cookies and Cream, and Grandpa had Sanibel Krunch...YUM! What a great way to end a great day.

2 comments:

LBB said...

Wow~That was a long walk! Way to go! And that ice cream sounds very delish! Hope you enjoy your last full day there tomorrow!

Bren said...

I am so glad I am reading this after you are back in the artic. What a fun trip!